Just Jump In

Get your feet wet!

Saturday, May 26, 2007

Humidex and Broken A/C

Well, Thursday evening was the big flute choir performance. A whole evening of flute choirs performing, in fact. Originally, our trio was scheduled to go on second but due to some very sad recent events, one of our members had to attend a funeral at 4pm, so we had to switch to the end (well, second last group before the grand finale). Unfortunately, the air conditioning was broken in the church. The hall outside was much cooler, but the church seemed okay at first. However, at intermission, I went out into the hall and realized just how damn hot it was getting. Going back into the church after intermission was like walking into a steam room. When it was our turn to play, I actually felt pretty good about it. I was nervious but I had fun while we played - really, truly had fun. I did mess up a bit towards the end of our third pieece, but that was because my flute started sliding around since I was sweating and it was slipping off my face. I had to push it really firmly against my chin and that made my fingers a little less nimble. But I didn't get all stressed out because it really wasn't anything I could control. Who knows, maybe the heat addled my brain or cooked my nerves but it turned out okay.

Today, I am playing at the wedding of my friend Senate Woman. We had the rehearsal last night, and it was lots if fun. And there was lots of wine. I came home just before midnight, fully intending on heading to bed, but ended up puttering around and looking at old letters, and trying to find an old picture of my grade 8 crush with whom I've reconnected (again, we dated in the summer of 1990 before I went back for my fourth year at university) on Facebook. It was very funny. Then I had a bath and watched Love Actually while I was in the tub. Did I mention that Hubby and the kids have gone camping with Beavers for the weekend? I am really enjoying the solitude. Now it's time to get ready for wedding stuff.

4 Comments:

Blogger crse said...

It was totally hot here too. Norm graduated pre-school on thursday night. We were all DRENCHED by the end. Enjoy your weekend of music and luxurious peace buddy!

Sat May 26, 11:10:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you're enjoying the solitude--sounds great! :)

Sat May 26, 03:37:00 p.m.  
Blogger Clementine said...

Aww, that's so sweet! I'm glad you're having a good time. Good luck with the wedding!

Tue May 29, 03:17:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm heisting you from LB and CRSE. You've been tagged.

Wed Jun 13, 11:47:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home