Just Jump In

Get your feet wet!

Saturday, April 07, 2007

Full Responsibility

I take full responsibility for the snow that fell overnight. I knew it was going to happen - it always does. So feel free to blame it on me because it's my birthday. (insert shameless plug for birthday wishes here)

And since it's my birthday, you'd think I could sleep in. I sang in a concert last night, have to sing at Easter Vigil tonight, and Easter morning service tomorrow, so I can't sleep in then. Yep, a sleep in seems warranted. Of course, you don't know Corwin. He was up at 6:45 and pissed off beyond belief about the snow. He cheered up once Hubby let him make me breakfast in bed. At 7:20, half a toasted bagel with cream cheese, a vanilla yogurt (with probiotics), and a rose-printed napkin were dragged up to wish me a happy birthday. I blearily rubbed my eyes, said thank you, and croaked the word coffee. Even the dog seemed disgusted that her beauty sleep was interrupted!

Off to wish my Dad a happy 65th - I was the non-retunable gift, and my parents are here to celebrate. Oh, and please send good wishes/thoughts/prayers to the forces that are in charge of home sales. My parents' house went up for sale on Monday, and the sooner it sells, the saner my Mom will be (again, my Dad is driving her crazy!!!).

Will update with my birthday BPAL order (for those of you who care - you know who you are!)

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here is a random question birthday/snow queen, how often does it snow on your birthday? Because I am pretty pissed about this latest sneaky snowfall.

Sat Apr 07, 11:27:00 a.m.  
Blogger Canada said...

Within a day of my birthday - EVERY FREAKIN' YEAR!!! Sorry, sweetie - it will melt soon, and then that's it. The worst was when I was pregnant and we were doing a CPR course - we had to shovel to get out of the driveway!

Sat Apr 07, 12:43:00 p.m.  
Blogger muse said...

Happy birthday Canada!

I wish you a fantastic 2007, and lots of love, friendship, happiness, health and wealth!

And BTW: next year, keep the snow on your side of the Ontario/Quebec border!! LOL

Sat Apr 07, 01:08:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!

(The kids in neighboring-state, where I went for fieldwork last night, had a snow day yesterday. You are whimsical and capricious in your snow-producing powers.)

Hope you get everything you want...today and this year! (And I can't WAIT to hear about the BPAL order!)

Sat Apr 07, 01:26:00 p.m.  
Blogger norm said...

happy birthday miss canada. thanks for coming to visit me!

Sat Apr 07, 01:52:00 p.m.  
Blogger crse said...

Happy birthday buddy! Many happy returns and hopefully sunshine will come your way very soon. I hope this year is full of goodness and light for you!

Sat Apr 07, 01:54:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday hinny!
xxx
~ Sidonia

Sat Apr 07, 04:00:00 p.m.  
Blogger Canada said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone. Just a little update - my parents went and signed the contract to get their house built here. Not the 90 day conditional (which my dad was even being reluctant about last night), but the whole hog. Their closing date in set for Nov 20. So send up some smoke signals or prayers or good karmic thoughts that their house in Oakville (which is flippin' gorgeous, and had two showings the first day, and who knows how many since they came here) will sell. Soon. Like this week. Or today. :)

Sat Apr 07, 04:17:00 p.m.  
Blogger Dr. Brazen Hussy said...

Happy Birthday!

Mon Apr 09, 07:37:00 a.m.  
Blogger nancycle said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

I hope you get your parents here soon for your Birthday!...Dream bathroom here we come...

Mon Apr 09, 11:10:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home