Just Jump In

Get your feet wet!

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Notes on an iPod

Two interesting things I have discovered about myself since I got my iPod (well, since I actually loaded it with my music, which is fairly recently). First of all, I really like depressing music. I mean sad, melancholy, slit-your-wrists to it kind of music. Last three to come up - Silent Lucidity from Queensryche, If God Will Sends His Angels from U2/City of Angels Soundtrack, and No Ordinary Love from Sade. That mix combined with the rain has created one melancholy, crawl back into bed mood!

The other thing is that I am a bit of a ditz. I was prepping and painting the powder room at church (it's the one off the women's choir robing room, and it had UGLY wallpaper). Anyway, Beck was stripping wallpaper with me, and then she came and kept me company while I washed with TSP, etc. I had the iPod hooked up to speakers, and had it set to shuffle through all songs (not in any specific playlist). Periodically, when a new song would start, I would exclaim "I love this song!!" Finally, Beck gave me a really odd look after one of these outbursts and said "You know, it is your iPod". Oh yeah. I have the songs in there because I love them. Duh!!! To my credit, some songs I just love more than others!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this song! (that I specifically chose and personally loaded to listen to as much as possible) Awesome!

Thu Aug 16, 11:45:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That made me laugh out loud--isn't it nice that we can keep surprising and impressing ourselves? :)

Thu Aug 16, 12:23:00 p.m.  
Blogger crse said...

See? Now this is why we connect so well! Ive done that same exact thing!

Thu Aug 16, 03:49:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home