Just Jump In

Get your feet wet!

Monday, February 18, 2008

Yet Another Meme (stolen from a random blog)


60 Things You Possibly Didn't Know About Me

1. What is in the back seat of your car right now?
Two booster seats, and two striped polar fleece blankets

2. When was the last time you threw up?
In Meriden, CT at the New England Regional conference in March 2006. Corwin had a 24 hour flu before I left and I thought nothing of it. Until I was lying on the bathroom floor, feeling like death. Bonus? Hubby was back home, doing the same thing with the added joy of parenting 2 five year olds!


3. What's your favorite curse word?
Shit is popular.

4. Name 3 people who made you smile today?
Corwin, Clara, Lina (she commented on the previous post and her comment made me laugh!


5. What were you doing at 8 am this morning?
trying to get Corwin to brush his teeth and get dressed

6. What were you doing 30 minutes ago?
Getting the kids ready for the Beaver campfire.

7. What will you be doing 3 hours from now?
Hopefully, watching Restaurant Makeover (I am SO addicted!!)

8. Have you ever been to a strip club?
Nope

9. What is the last thing you said aloud?
Hurry up and get in the car! Buckle in or you'll be late!!


10. What is the best ice cream flavor?
By brand:
Ben & Jerry's - Chubby Hubby
Haagen Daz - Deep Chocolate Peanut Butter (which I don't think they even make anymore). Coffee.
Baskin Robbins - Jamocha Almond Fudge. Daiquiri Ice.
Piccolo Grande Gelato - Bacci
President's Choice - Candy Cane Crackle (only available at Christmas)

11. What was the last thing you had to drink?
Water. How un-exciting!

12. What are you wearing right now?
Pink flannel lounge pants, pink long sleeved t-shirt, bare feet

13. What was the last thing you ate?
Bowl of chili with a sprinkle of grated sharp cheddar and a dollop of sour cream. Oh, and a banana.


14. Have you bought any new clothing items this week?
Nope


15. When was the last time you ran?
When I was late for a flight.


16. What's the last sporting event you watched?
Some show jumping from Spruce Meadows (found while channel surfing). The kids' soccer games last summer.

18. Who is the last person you emailed?
Senate Woman and my dad.


19. Ever go camping?
Not if I can help it!!! Last time I slept in a tent was at the camp reunion in 2005. Before that, it was when I attended the camp - last year was when I was 16!


20. Do you have a tan?
Ummm, it's Feb. I live in Ottawa. I currently have the skin tone of the underside of a dead fish.


24. Do you drink your soda from a straw?
Not usually. And I don't often drink soda anyway.

25. What did your last IM say?
Beats me, I don't often IM.

26. Are you someone's best friend?
Yes.


27. What are you doing tomorrow?
Getting the kids off to school (yay!!!!!!!!! They were off today, and they have a PD Day on Friday so it's a short week for them, but a LONG one for me!). Getting a proposal off to another potential client. Voice lesson for me. Taking Clara to violin. Flute rehearsal in the evening. Oh, and Parish Council before flute (I may actually have to miss flute because it may be a crazy PC meeting)

28. Where is your mom right now?
At home, probably cleaning something!


29. Look to your left, what do you see?
A laundry rack with drying clothes. A wall.

30. What color is your watch?
Gold Gucci bracelet style. It has changeable bezels, which I haven't bothered to do in years. Hmmm, maybe I'll do that tomorrow and be exciting. (hmm, I wonder where the box with the bezels is?)


31. What do you think of when you think of Australia ?
Ayers Rock. It was the most amazing place I have ever been. And Nick Dowson ,the cutest concierge a girl could possibly hope to go clubbing with while in Cairns.


32. Would you consider plastic surgery?
Probably not


33. What is your birthstone?
Diamond


34. Do you go in at a fast food place or just hit the drive thru?
Depends.


35.How many kids do you want?
Sometimes the two I have are too much, so we'll just stop there!!!!

36. Do you have a dog?
Absolutely. Miss Jazz is getting more and more spoiled in her old age.

37. Last person you talked to on the phone?
Hubby.

38. Have you met anyone famous?
Ben Heppner, Jann Arden, Yo-Yo Ma (if you can count my squeaked out hello when he said hi to me as meeting!), several ballet dancers from the National Ballet of Canada, C David Johnson (who was on Street Legal, my fave Canadian show in the late 80's/early 90's). I also sat behind Gary Busey on a flight from LA to Toronto. He was a complete jackass.

39. Any plans today?
Well, it's almost 7 so . . . tidying up, getting the kids into bed when they come home, and chilling out with Hubby (hopefully watching the aforementioned Restaurant Makeover!)

40. How many states have you lived in?
Two. And Three provinces (I am Canadian!)

41. Ever go to college?
Yep. And grad school - got the Master's, decided to stop there.

42. Where are you right now?
In my sitting room off the master bedroom.

43. Biggest annoyance in your life right now?
Snow - too much of it. Followed by rain - too much of it!

44. Last song listened to?
Over You - Chris Daughtry

46. Are you allergic to anything?
Cigarette smoke, mould.
And penicillin, clindamycin, erythromycin. Yeah, it's really fun when I get sick and need antibiotics!

47. Favorite pair of shoes you wear all the time?
Black short boots with 3" heels.

48. Are you jealous of anyone?
Pretty much anyone who can get up and sing or perform with confidence and without feeling that they may die of terror.

50. Is anyone jealous of you?
I doubt it!

51. What time is it?
6:54 pm


52. Do any of your friends have children?
Lots


53. Do you eat healthy?
I try to. However, if you refer back to question 10 you'll see that I have tendencies to slip!


54. What do you usually do during the day?
Depends on the day! Take care of the kids, laundry (I think I do this every day!), vacuum (I usually try to do this every day), see clients, practice flute and singing, have rehearsals, do decor work, cook . . . and the list goes on. Oh, there's also the blogging, the blog-reading, and the Facebooking!

55. Do you hate anyone right now?
No. I'm not even really annoyed at anyone at the moment.


56. Do you use the word 'hello' daily?
I think so.

58. How old will you be turning on your next birthday?
39. Which I will gloat over for the next year as Hubby turns the big Four-Oh in June!!!

59. Have you ever been to Six Flags?
Yes, in Georgia.

60. How did you get one of your scars?
The c-section is kinda boring so I'll go with the one on my right bicep. I was 8 or 9 and was climbing a fence into a paddock to see a horse. I wasn't supposed to be there. When I saw someone coming, I climbed up partway and vaulted over the fence. It was one of those green-coated chain link fences and one of the ends was apparently sticking out.

5 Comments:

Blogger Margie said...

Hey! You're the only person I know (outside my immediate family) who has been to Cairns.

Uh, I'm guessing that most people I know wouldn't know where it *was*, even.

Tue Feb 19, 10:13:00 a.m.  
Blogger Canada said...

With the correct pronunciation, I think most people figure you're talking about where the French Film Festival is held! Have you been?

Tue Feb 19, 10:38:00 a.m.  
Blogger Margie said...

Actually, my mother was born there!

We used to go visit every other year, but I haven't been for a really long time... 15 years?

Tue Feb 19, 10:41:00 a.m.  
Blogger Hashbrown said...

That was one long Meme. Hope you are doing well.

Thu Feb 21, 08:32:00 a.m.  
Blogger Firefly1234 said...

You vacuum every day??? Urrgghhh!

Mon Feb 25, 11:58:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home