Just Jump In

Get your feet wet!

Monday, March 10, 2008

Roar!!!!

March has certainly come in like a lion, but the going out like a lamb part might be in question. A reassuring quote from Environment Canada's senior climatologist:

Even the official arrival of spring on March 20 doesn't guarantee relief, Phillips gloomily added, citing Environment Canada projections.

"We're showing colder-than-normal conditions for the spring period," he explained, "It doesn't mean every day is going to be like that, but it means the flavour of the personality of the next three months should represent cooler conditions."

"I'm probably not going to put away my snow shovel until the long weekend in May," he said.

Here are some lovely photos from this weekend. We got 53 cm of snow in 36 hours. That's 20.9 inches - almost two feet!! If you live somewhere warm (LB, Ash, Trixie, LGS), I may just show up on your doorstep soon!!!


That is an eight foot fence!

View of the drifts from the second floor.


Shovelling out my dad's vehicle (which I am SO happy
to have while they're in Mexico - four wheel drive
came in very handy!!!)


Somewhere in there is my azalea and my
rhododendron.


This is the view from the porch. Similar to the
previous shot, but shows that my four foot fence is
mostly buried!


Getting into the backyard is more than a little challenging.
That's the door to the garage and the side gate.

(yes, I know I've been incredibly boring with all the weather posts but seriously, it has been a little consuming!! I promise that I have a non-weather post coming up!)

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brrrr. Hope you're managing to stay warm and that spring is on its way to you. Show up on my doorstep anytime!

Tue Mar 11, 02:08:00 a.m.  
Blogger Hashbrown said...

that's a lot of snow

Tue Mar 11, 05:17:00 a.m.  
Blogger Firefly1234 said...

Okay - you win hands down. Ottawa has more snow then Hamilton! Except I don't have a camera to post evidence
:-(

Tue Mar 11, 10:07:00 a.m.  
Blogger Lone Grey Squirrel said...

Okay, this set of photos has finally convinced me that you need a hot cuppa cocoa, a hug and a ticket to somewhere warm. I can supply cocoa and hug but I'm sorry about the ticket. My goodness, it's March. Shouldn't there be a tulip festival in a couple of weeks?

Tue Mar 11, 11:34:00 a.m.  
Blogger Canada said...

LGS, tulip festival isn't until May - for good reason!!!!

Hashbrown - no kidding!

Firefly - we may still have some when you come for the concert - this IS Ottawa, after all.

LB - I may just do that (if I win the lottery, lol) :)

Tue Mar 11, 01:15:00 p.m.  
Blogger Dr.John said...

Looks like my hoiudse in Neenah , Wisconsin. My four foot fence is pretty well covered.

Tue Mar 11, 05:51:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was feeling a little snowed out here in Ohio, but you, my friend, have some serious snow.

Wed Mar 12, 10:00:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home