Just Jump In

Get your feet wet!

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Yet Another Snow Day

Seriously, this is getting tedious. The buses were cancelled on Monday because we had freezing rain overnight. By 8:30, all main roads were cleared and salted/sanded, plus the temperature was climbing so everything was melting. I took the kids to school, then went to spend some time with Kat. She's doing well, but very, very bored!!!

Today, we have received a whack of snow, and then ice pellets, and we're getting more snow throughout the day. We anticipate about a foot in total by the time it's done. I was scheduled to work at the stuffed animal place at 10:30, so I got the kids to school and came home to get ready. Well, I got stuck on our street. Boss Lady's husband happened to pull in right behind me and gave me a push. How happy was I to get the message that I didn't need to go to work because the roads were too bad, and no one was likely to be shopping anyway? Since the kids are already at school . . . . I'm leaving them there. Besides, as Corwin was begging to stay home this morning, Clara announced in a very bossy voice "Well, I'm going! It's Beach Day today and I'm NOT missing it!!!" Too funny!

In other news, our vehicle lease is up at the end of April and we have been trying to decided whether to buy it out, or get something else. We currently have a Ford Freestyle (this model is now called the Ford Taurus XL or XE or something). It is NOT a van, but has 6 seats and cargo space. We needed the extra seating for trips to Oakville - Jazz dog needed somewhere to sit, too. But now that my parents live here, we can probably get something smaller, and cheaper, and better on gas. (and maybe, just maybe, we can get a second car next year or the year after!). So . . . I'm playing on the car manufacturer's websites, building and pricing and comparing. Apparently I shouldn't look for a vehicle in the winter, though - I don't give a crap about any other features, but I am desperately trying to include heated seats!!!!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My Toyota is the best purchase I've ever made. I'm just sayin'.

Sorry you're still dealing with so much snow! Have you tried making tropical drinks? Maybe a pina colada would help nudge spring along?

Wed Mar 05, 12:18:00 p.m.  
Blogger Canada said...

A pina colada would be lovely, but unless I turn the heat to tropical, I'm thinking more along the lines of Baileys in hot chocolate!!!!

Goddamn lying groundhogs - spring is just around the corner my ass!!!! :)

Wed Mar 05, 12:30:00 p.m.  
Blogger Lola said...

Get a convertible.......
My kids are LOVING SNOW days as are we. Where is Corwin?! We have work to do with the John Deere!!! well, 9 days and I am in CAlifornia. We must get together upon my return already! Make a trip out here to the country!!
LO
btw my website is all new again!

Wed Mar 05, 07:40:00 p.m.  
Blogger Dr.John said...

I hate car shopping.
I hate snow.
You are in the middle of everything I hate.
Good luck.

Thu Mar 06, 08:40:00 a.m.  
Blogger Canada said...

Lo - my kids are loving the snow, but I am not keeping them home - March Break is here soon enough. Truth be told, I will be happy if the snow sticks around and isn't all mushy, slushy and muddy until after the break (at least we can ski and toboggan). Corwin would LOVE to help out with the John Deere - just say when. Maybe we can get together next week with the kids? Clara asked about Lady B just the other day.

Dr John - I don't so much mind the car shopping - there is a lot less haggle these days. I just hope I can swing those heated seats!! Thanks for the good luck wishes.

Thu Mar 06, 09:18:00 a.m.  
Blogger Firefly1234 said...

Get a VW diesel - the milage or should I say kilometerage rocks!! I totally love our VW Jetta.
You could get the Jetta station wagon if space is an issue.... and seated heats is definitely an option!

Whatever you do, don't buy the gas model - Claire's mum and dad will tell you all about their woes with their Jetta...

I guess a Smart car is out of the question???

third choice - dam the torpedoes - a ferrari. Who cares about gas mileage - at least you look cool!!!!

Thu Mar 06, 10:35:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home