Just Jump In

Get your feet wet!

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Overwhelmed!

So currently my house is a complete disaster. I need to rearrange the living room to the warm weather configuration, which allows better views outside and also allows the window to be opened more easily. The front entrance gets piles of grit and sand on a daily basis - I spend all my time sweeping and vacuuming. I want to switch to the sisal area rug but am worried that the wet and muddy portion of spring is still to come. The family room furniture needs the slipcovers changed, but I have yet to wash them (I hate washing them in the winter because they have to hang to dry and I hate having them hanging all over the place!). And the laundry . . . . oh the laundry. There are piles that need to be folded, and a couple more loads to do. I got backlogged a few weeks ago when the washing machine needed a minor repair (it wasn't agitating properly, but at least it was spinning and draining). I had almost gotten caught up when fuck if the dryer didn't go on the fritz! Thankfully it was a minor part (a fuse), but still - an $18 part that cost $130 by the time the labour was added in - highway robbery!

The worst is that I worked 11-5 yesterday, and we had in-law brunch today to celebrate my MIL's birthday. And I am working 2-6 today. How much laundry folding am I going to have the energy for this evening? Not much. Tomorrow is dentist for Corwin, Clara and me, and Tuesday is new car day (yay!!!!!). I'm just tired. I want a vacation. Or a spa day - that could work. Well, better go get changed into my bear building clothing and go make some kids happy.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whew! I'm tired for you. :)

(And it makes me absurdly happy that you have "bear building clothing.") :)

Sun Apr 20, 10:57:00 p.m.  
Blogger Clementine said...

I'm with you on the vacation thing, lady. Take care!

Mon Apr 21, 01:27:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home