Just Jump In

Get your feet wet!

Monday, April 07, 2008

Happy Birthday To Me!!!

It's the last before the big 4-0, so a celebration is in order. As I have been AWOL for almost a month, a few RBOC to catch up . . .
  • The three concert plus many rehearsal schedule for the Requiem was gruelling, but I made it through. The highlight (for me) was the descant that the second sopranos had in one movement, which basically was Raindrop and I singing it loud enough to be heard.
  • After the Friday night concert (it was Good Friday), a whole bunch of us went to what is now known as "The Church Bar". Newfie Postdoc (NP for short) brought her boyfriend so we got to check him out. (BTW, NP is the new soprano who started in the fall - you know, the first soprano! I got over the pout).
  • In the middle of the night, I woke up with a very swollen gland on the right side of my throat and a bit of a sore throat. Water and Advil helped.
  • I was really tired the next day. I had to pick my parents up at the airport at 9. They were tired and tanned. They dropped me off at home and we were back to being a one car family. We had a big gathering at Aunt Kit's boyfriend's house for a late lunch/early dinner. There were 15 of us. It was really nice, but I was really tired. And then I had Easter vigil at 7:30.
  • Easter Vigil was quiet, but this year the incense was really smoky and the smoke lingered in the choir stalls. Afterwards, I took Diva grocery shopping and we had fun chatting about men and various recipe ideas. My throat was pretty swollen, all glands seemed to be up.
  • The Easter bunny made it to our house. Due to the snow, he hid the eggs inside :) The hunt occurred at 6:58 am. Church was good, then we went to my in-laws for lunch. We came home and changed, the kids played a bit, then we went to my parents' place for dinner (I had to take stuff out of the freezer on the Thurs so it could thaw in time - my mom is ridiculously organized!!!). I went to bed early.
  • I finally admitted to myself that I was getting a bit sick. I liberally used Vick's and seriously wondered if I was getting pneumonia. Finally got my inhaler prescription refilled and started feeling better. Although I also had a bit of laryngitis.
  • Car shopping continued. Hubby? Cannot play the game. He gets all stressed out and acts miserable. So . . . I went by myself last Monday to get final prices on the Toyota Rav4 (the Matrix is awesome, but my guitar will not fit in the back without the seats down - it would be an ideal second car) and the Subaru Forester. The Forester won - better price, both overall and insurance-wise. No heated seats (bummer!!), and the only thing it doesn't have that I really wanted is an auxilliary outlet for my iPod. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to use my FM transmitter. We even got the colour we wanted, and it should arrive next week sometime.
  • Corwin and Clara had their first communion and confirmation yesterday (in the Catholic church). Eeeesh. The religion classes were all done at school - it is a grade two thing in Catholic school. Some kids don't do the sacrament because they don't go to Catholic church, and some do it at their own parish if they go somewhere different than the one affiliated with the school. Corwin was really annoyed last year that he didn't get to have "the bread" during mass at school, when he gets to at our church. Welcome to the confusion between Anglican and Catholic - two religions that are pretty much the same. So . . . they did the sacrament, and we will continue going to St John's (because really, catholics don't sing - even Corwin thinks that the music is much better at St John's with Gordon and the organ and harp, etc, rather than the one guy with the guitar!)
  • Now I am waiting for the cable/phone guy - they came on Sat to install Rogers homephone, but he didn't screw the jack into the wall properly so my phone crackles. I hope he gets here soon - my parents are picking me up to go for lunch to celebrate my Dad's and my birthdays - I was the non-returnable gift!!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Firefly1234 said...

what do you mean you were the non-returnable gift?

oh wow - sounds like you have a nasty bug. Hope you get over it really soon. I'm wishing you a happy birthday a day early (or is it April 7th and not 8th? I can't remember and that's despite FB sending me two reminders!!) and hope it's a good one.

Ha ha you're older then me!!!

Mon Apr 07, 10:00:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a busy month!

Happy happy birthday, Canada! Hope it's a fabulous year. :)

Mon Apr 07, 08:46:00 p.m.  
Blogger Lola said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!
4 0 and go baby!
Exciting about the new vehicle!!!!!!
Glad you are back!
Lo

Mon Apr 07, 08:59:00 p.m.  
Blogger Canada said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes. But Lo - don't jump me ahead a year!!!! :)

Mon Apr 07, 10:34:00 p.m.  
Blogger Arbitrista said...

Happy belated!

Tue Apr 08, 07:37:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home