Just Jump In

Get your feet wet!

Monday, April 28, 2008

On A Lighter Note

New info in green!!!!!
Here is a fabulous music meme. Because Luckybuzz always does the coolest things.

The rules:

Step 1: Put your MP3 player or whatever on random.
Step 2: Post the first line from the first 25 songs that play, no matter how embarrassing the song.
Step 3: Post and let everyone you know guess what song and artist the lines come from.
Step 4: Strike through when someone gets them right
Step 5: Looking them up on Google or any other search engine is cheating.

*I skipped the three Christmas songs that came up because I meant to dump that file - it's taking up too much space on my iPod. and one was a rehearsal track for the Christmas piece we performed in December. Also skipped - the one in Gaelic (because I don't know how to spell in Gaelic!) and the one instrumental (which was from Vivaldi's "Four Seasons")*

  1. I hold on so nervously to me and my drink / I wish it was cooling me Paralyzer - Finger Eleven (Firefly 1234)
  2. They broke off the locks and they opened the doors / Fixed up the windows and painted the floors Canadian band, I have seen them many times. From Toronto. It Could Happen To You - Blue Rodeo (Legal Eagle)
  3. You're the silent type /And you caught my eye Canadian singer. Has had hits with theme song from several movies (and has another entry on this list) One Night Love Affair - Bryan Adams
  4. I know that every morning you go thumbing / Through the personal want ads Dark haired country singer Single White Female - Chely Wright (Legal Eagle)
  5. I know I may be young / But I've got feelings too Lots of media attention for this young woman Slave 4 U - Britney Spears
  6. Well I'm not sure if this'll come out right / I've been playing it over and over in my mind Canadian country guy Sure Enough - Chris Cummings
  7. You held my hand and walked me home / I know Canadian chick from small town Ontario Don't Tell Me - Avril Lavigne
  8. I wanna run I want to hide / I wanna tear down the walls that hold me inside Where the Streets Have No Name - U2 (Luckybuzz)
  9. When I cry, I close my eyes / And every tear falls down inside Canadian woman from out West When I Cry - Jann Arden
  10. She was driving last Friday on her way to Cincinnati / On a snow white Christmas Eve An Idol Jesus Take the Wheel - Carrie Underwood (Legal Eagle)
  11. I can tell by your eyes that you've prob'ly been cryin' forever / And the stars in the sky don't mean nothin' to you they're a mirror Two versions of this song, this is my second favourite (although both are on my iPod). This one is from a female duo, and was used on a soundtrack I Don't Wanna Talk About It - Indigo Girls (the other version is by Everything But the Girl)
  12. Der holle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen / Tod und Verzweiflung Think Salzburg. And one of opera's best known arias. The Queen of the Night's Aria (from Mozart's Magic Flute) - Diana Damrau
  13. I, I can't read the future / But I still want to hold you close This Cuban-born singer went to university at the same place I did my Master's (unfortunately, not at the same time!) Angel - Jon Secada
  14. I saw you there, just standing there / And I thought I was only dreaming, yeah 80s band, double named song title, but not a double named band. This wasn't their biggest hit. Doctor, Doctor - Thompson Twins
  15. Since you've been gone / I shut my eyes and I fantasize that you're here with me 80s solo British guy Come Back and Stay - Paul Young
  16. Unite and unite, oh let us all unite / For summer is a'coming today Canadian East Coast family group Padstow (May Morning Song) - The Rankin Family (Legal Eagle)
  17. What a dream I had / Pressed in organdy Probably one of the best know duos of all time. One also had a big solo career (the one with better hair) For Emily (Wherever I May Find Her) - Simon & Garfunkel
  18. I got my first real six string / Bought it at the five and dime Summer of 69 - Bryan Adams (Luckybuzz)
  19. I fooled around and fell in love / I must have lost my head, what was I thinkin' of?From the early 90s. by a Canadian band Head Over Heels - Frozen Ghost
  20. What if I were you and you were me / Still can't see the forest fire beyond the trees Unbelieveably hot, incredibly talented Canadian guy. Former lead singer of Moist. Is a friend of mine on Facebook :) Forestfire - David Usher
  21. Un bel di vedremo / Levarsi un fil di fumo What I'm singing in June. It's a very well know aria. In Italian. From a dramatic opera. On which Miss Saigon was based. Un Bel Di (from Puccini's Madama Butterfly) - Dorothy Kirsten
  22. She'll let you in her house / If you come knockin' late at night From Jerry McGuire soundtrack. By an American music icon Secret Garden - Bruce Springsteen (Legal Eagle)
  23. Here I am / Lost in the light of the moon that comes through my window I saw them last summer, with their new lead singer (who is Canadian, but the rest of the band are from the Southern hemisphere) Afterglow - INXS (Legal Eagle)
  24. Midnight, gettin' uptight / Where are you? 80s song, her biggest hit was even more rock and roll I Hate Myself For Lovin' You - Joan Jett
  25. The woods behind your house / Are in love with talking river Indie artist from New England, currently in the group Mad Agnes. Everyone should buy her album because it is just amazing - vocals, guitar, writing. She's fabulous! Talking River - Adrienne Jones

I find the high level of Canadian content rather amusing . . . and completely unintentional!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think #8 is U2, "Where the streets have no name"?

#18 is Bryan Adams, "Summer of 69." :)

I know 19, but I can't remember the artist...

I think that's all I've got!

Mon Apr 28, 01:53:00 p.m.  
Blogger Canada said...

Yep and yep. I'm impressed by your knowledge of 19 - just a name, song or artist :)
Number 23 is on the cd I sent you. And I'm sure you know 24.

Mon Apr 28, 02:09:00 p.m.  
Blogger DancingFish said...

I know 22- I can sing it but can't come up with the specifics!

Mon Apr 28, 08:42:00 p.m.  
Blogger Canada said...

Dancing Fish - "Show me the money"!!!
That's the hint of the day

Mon Apr 28, 11:16:00 p.m.  
Blogger Firefly1234 said...

Number 1 is Finger 11 - Paralyzer. I LOVE that tune!!!

Strangely enough, although one or two others ring a bell can't quite place them. I'll have to think about it I guess.....

Tue Apr 29, 04:34:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey!

2 - It could happen to you (Blue Rodeo)

4 - Single White Female (Chely Wright)

10 - Jesus Take the Wheel (Carrie Underwood)

16 - Padstow (May Morning Song) (Rankin Family)

22 - Secret Garden (Bruce Springsteen)

23 - Afterglow (INXS)

Sigh...I should have been on Name that Tune :)

Thu May 01, 08:57:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home