Just Jump In

Get your feet wet!

Tuesday, September 09, 2008

But What About Compline

In news related to choir, the women sing compline on the second Sunday of each month, the men on the fourth. We rehearse at 8pm, sing at 9, done by 9:30. There are only a few people who sing at this, and it divides differently depending on who shows up. Apparently, when Gordon first arranged the music for women's compline, there were not many sopranos, and quite a few altos, so there are 3 part harmonies - top soprano, and two alto. Sometimes, I get to be soprano, but often I get stuck in my favourite (no sarcasm there!) place in the middle. Yuck!!

I do enjoy compline, but I hate . . . as in despise . . . singing the middle part. I am trying to decide whether I should just skip it, because I really don't have any interest in singing that middle part. Or talking to Gordon and telling him that I would love to sing at compline, but that he's going to have to move somebody else into the middle part, because I won't do it. I have enough alto shit in the second soprano position in choir, and that isn't going to change (which I have accepted - I refer you to the previous post). So . . . any suggestions? Feedback? Help me decide!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home