Just Jump In

Get your feet wet!

Thursday, October 02, 2008

Tuesday Ten (Yes, I Know It's Thursday!!)

I was tagged by Gretty to do a Tuesday 10 (formerly Tuesday 12) of things that have made me smile recently. Considering that my last post was filled with descriptions of the catastrophe that was Montreal, culminating with the crazy too-many-kid birthday party . . . .I will have to dig deep (did I mention that I also worked at the bear place on Saturday and got "talked to" about my "tone", and that I didn't smile enough? And that we did inventory at the bear place on Sunday evening? Yeah . . . . dig really deep!)

  1. It's finally fall!! The trees are just gorgeous, and it has been overcast with just a bit of sun peeking out which just makes the colours pop that much more. Beautiful!!
  2. Nancycle and I went to lunch yesterday. It was delicious (Thai/Cambodian). It was particularly nice to see her smile - she has been having a very rough go of it for the past few weeks.
  3. I talked to Beck for about 3 hours in total last Sunday. We chatted in the afternoon, and then later that night. We also came up with the brilliant idea of her calling on Thursday evening after choir when we are at the church bar, so it'll be almost like she's with us.
  4. Corwin and Clara had a big sleepover at Aunt Kit's last Saturday. They went to the local fair, and to dinner, then apple picking in the morning.
  5. Because Corwin and Clara had a sleepover, Hubby and I had a childfree evening. We actually went to dinner (the Thai/Cambodian place, which is why I wanted to go back with Nancycle - it was GOOD!), and then rented a movie and snuggled on the couch.
  6. Sleep. I really could use more, but actually having some has brightened my overall outlook on life.
  7. The return of all my fave bad tv shows - including Dirty Sexy Money last night!!!!!
  8. The new area rug I got for the kitchen. I really like it, and it just works there. Plus, we put the other one in our bedroom and it looks great.
  9. The fall decor I have put up. The mantel is covered in leaves, as is the chandelier in the kitchen, and the top of the china cabinet in the dining room. New candles in Pumpkin Spice in the dining room. Corn stalks outside. I just LOVE fall!!
  10. Corwin and Clara turn 8 today. Clara is beside herself with excitement that she no longer has to use a booster seat in the car (Corwin has been out of his since April because of height and weight, but Clara is not quite tall enough, and nowhere near the weight!)
I'll try to upload some pics of the fall decor later. Now, it's off to see clients.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't had Thai food in years - I am jealous!
And don't feel bad - I posted the Tuesday Ten on Wednesday...
Happy Birthday to Corwin & Clara!

Thu Oct 02, 09:50:00 a.m.  
Blogger Clementine said...

Happy birthday to your two kiddos! I hope they're having a great day.

Thu Oct 02, 01:20:00 p.m.  
Blogger Lucy said...

Happy birthday to the kids. I like fall, too. I always feel a little more settled in the fall.

Fri Oct 03, 05:54:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are too good for the 'bear' place

Thu Oct 09, 11:47:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home