Just Jump In

Get your feet wet!

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Ah, The Wine. . . .

A good day - spent by the pool. It was crazy hot, and Jazz dog insisted on hanging outside with us. Crazy puppy!

The wine. . . ah, the wine. It flows oh so liberally when I'm here. And I have been pacing myself by making Summer Spritzers (a good slug of white wine, a couple of ice cubes, a splash of cranberry juice, topped with soda water and a squeeze of lime). I have obviously not been pacing very well, by the way I have re-typed many, many words (where DO those extra letters come from?)

And I have been accepted as a student of the vocal teacher that Gordon (the organist/choir director) referred me to. By the way, on Wednesday, he and I had a rehearsal for the psalm I'm singing in August. He was enthusiastic. I'm just happy I managed to sing out loud in front of someone other than a client. Now it's getting over the hurdle of singing in front of the WHOLE congregation (granted, it's smaller in the summer, but still . . .) And vocal lessons. This is a big step for performance anxiety-ridden me!!!


Okay, back to the wine. And soon to bed. But I have to read some more of The Devil Wears Prada - damn, it's funny!! And I broke my rule - I saw the movie first. And it's still funny!

2 Comments:

Blogger crse said...

Sounds like the perfect vacation day! (except for the anxiety) (I have no ear for music but i will tell you i have NEVER sat in church and thought "that person really cant sing at all") I hope you have a great week there.

Sun Jul 16, 06:21:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun. Wine . . . perfect on a hot summer day. As foor the book - it is good( different from the movie), and I am glad you broke your rule, I enjoyed another girls night at the movies last week.
Harmoney

Sun Jul 16, 09:15:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home