Just Jump In

Get your feet wet!

Monday, August 14, 2006

Another Book Meme

Okay, this is actually the first book meme I've done, but I know it's not the only one out there. Borrowed from Clare, who got it from Profgrrl.

1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the next 4 sentences on your blog along with these instructions.
5. Don't you dare dig for that "cool" or "intellectual" book in your closet! I know you were thinking about it! Just pick up whatever is closest.
6. Tag five people.

Mine is from the last book I read with the Virtual Bookworm online bookclub, Radical Prunings by Bonnie Thomas Abbott. (not the current one, which I still have to get but refuse to ask for by name!)

"The GRAND PRIZE, a Sheffield steel trowel with rosewood handle (page 2 in the Mertensia Post Haste Catalogue) from our Signature Line of garden accessories, goes to Avid Gardener (he/she prefers to remain anonymous) who came up with a very tricky design of pale apricot digitalis (foxglove), a light orange papaver somniferum (opium poppy), and salmon-colored datura (angels-trumpet). Tying it all together is impomoea batatus "Blackie," the deeply purple, nearly black-leaved sweet potato vine, allowed to sprawl on the ground. All toxic. All malevolence in the guise of beauty. "
A very funny book, especially if you enjoy gardening.

1 Comments:

Blogger crse said...

See I want to do this but it implies me getting up and finding a book that has 123 pages in the near vicinity. And I fear that all my books are in my bedroom or down stairs and I know being the mother of small children, you understand exactly why I cant face the ordeal trying to go outside the "safe space" before people are asleep. I mean I do it, but only when Im forced to. But its a great idea If I get there I will totally do this...

Mon Aug 14, 07:41:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home