Just Jump In

Get your feet wet!

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Random (Mostly Useless) Information

- There is some truly disgusting toothpaste out there. Somehow we ended up with a sample of one weird flavour - a full tube. I stuck it in the cupboard, and continued using Colgate Total in Clean Mint flavour. We were running low, so Hubby opened a new tube. I guess he didn't realize (or maybe he did, but I sure didn't!) that it was Crest in Citrus Splash flavour. Yes, orange. It was like brushing my teeth with *Creamsicles! Blech!!!!
*I love creamsicles, but not to brush my teeth. What's next - Margarita Mouthwash?*

- Boot Camp. Each week it seems to get more challenging. And each week, a different part of my body aches the following day. The first week, it was my abs. Last week, it was my upper arms and a bit in my shoulders. Tomorrow, I may not be able to walk. My legs are already stiffening up, and I also overdid a sprint so my ankle is a little tender (previous bad sprain and major ligament damage doesn't help). Oooh, and I can feel my abs, too. But I love this workout. Does this mean I'm a masochist?
*edited to add: Ow, Ow - also back/waist from all the twists, upper arms, and left knee. And glutes. *

- August is my least favourite month. As soon as the sun starts slanting a bit differently, it just means summer is over. Summer, to me, is all about July. August is just a waiting game for my favourite season. And I always loved the back to school, esp in undergrad. Grad school, not so much. Since I was in Miami, I was missing the whole crisp evenings, changing leaves, bonfires, non-tropical kind of autumn. Bring on Labour Day! (okay, not too fast - there's still some summer left to enjoy!)

- John Tucker Must Die was a very amusing movie. V and I went to a movie this evening, and we arrived at an off time. Since neither of us wanted to wait for over an hour, we picked this movie. It was surprisingly funny. And the actress who plays Kate? Unbelieveably like a younger Reese Witherspoon. Also cool - the soundtrack had a lot of 80s remakes.

That's it, that's all I got. Maybe something exciting will happen tomorrow. Or maybe not.

4 Comments:

Blogger Dr. Brazen Hussy said...

I am a total sucker for weird new toothpastes, which usually ends badly. Right now, for example, I have Colgate Luminous in Paradise Fresh. Paradise Fresh? What the hell is that supposed to be? The taste does not help answer the question, either.

Thu Aug 10, 06:32:00 a.m.  
Blogger Dr. Brazen Hussy said...

Oh, and it's lavender with sparkles, by the way.

Thu Aug 10, 08:04:00 a.m.  
Blogger Canada said...

See, I am a sucker for sparkles. So I'd probably buy it!

Thu Aug 10, 08:16:00 a.m.  
Blogger luckybuzz said...

I think I've used margaritas as mouthwash at certain times in my past, but I'm not sure it'd really sell.

Thu Aug 10, 06:37:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home