Just Jump In

Get your feet wet!

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Saturday Night Adventures

Okay, as Weasley has pointed out, I have been a little behind in posting about my big night out on the town. And if I don't want everyone reading his version, I'd better get cracking. Just to clarify things for anyone who read Weasley's comment, this is what I was wearing, with dark jeans and black Bass wedge heels. Not that you need to have this info, but . . .Weasley started it, making it seem far more revealing than it was!

So, Weasley and I planned on going to the Greek Festival on Saturday night. His friend, Costas, was dancing, and we might meet up with a few other people, may even go out for a few drinks after. I drove to Weasley's, parked, and we headed off in his car. We scored primo parking, and wandered into the Hellenic Community Centre grounds. We lined up to grab a bite to eat, and Weasley bumped into the very tall, very good-looking blue-eyed Art Curate (AC), who is also a friend of Costas. Can we say eye candy?!?!?! Anyway, AC and the Chica were in line for food and beverages, so we all sat together. Fabulous Greek food (gyro in a pita, shared pikilia platter with dolmades, spanakopita, taramasalata, tzatziki, feta, and olives). We ate quickly and headed out to see the dancing at 8. Costas was even interviewed (albeit for cable), and danced, and then we waited. We were also waiting for the Guy, another of Weasley's friends. And, apparently, the only other straight person besides me in the group that evening.

While we waited for the Guy, and then for Costas, we had a great time being the fashion police about everyone else in the crowd. We're quite certain that we saw Paris Hilton's twin, but with dark hair - same vapid, bimbo-expression, same more-is-more makeup approach, same less-is-more/the-tighter-the-better clothing. Once Costas appeared, he was hungry and we were ready for dessert (loukemades!!! my favourite!!! SO hard to get outside of Greece or someone's Greek grandmother's kitchen). We took our time, enjoying the dessert and the atmosphere. Finally, it was time to head out, so we had to decide what to do next.

Dancing and drinking were decided upon, so after some organizational logistics (who's driving, who needed to change shirts, where to meet), we departed. Heading for Club Soda. Which is, of course, a gay bar. After paying our cover (thanks, Weasley!!), we descended to the bar and ordered up some drinks. Between my tab, and the Chica's desire to get everyone buzzed, none of us ever had an empty hand. We danced. And danced. And danced some more. Until about 1:40 am, when it was time to go to The Edge, another, (much) younger gay bar. It was packed, but at least there was air conditioning (I'm pretty sure that Club Soda's plan is to keep it hot, so people remove layers. Lots of layers, as a matter of fact!). I had stopped drinking a while before we left the first club, because I would have to drive home from Weasley's later. And the crowd and the music at the Edge? Not as fun. Oh well, live and learn. At around 2:30, it was time for this princess to turn back into a mom, so Weasley drove me back to my car (yes, I was totally fine to drive, or else I would have hung out longer). I got home around 3, in bed by 3:30. And up at 8. Amazingly, I wasn't tired until much later in the day, at soccer. And I even survived entertaining my in-laws for lunch.

It had been way too long since I went dancing. And I'm hoping to be invited again - it was a blast!!!! Thanks Weasley.

:)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, Canada! That's precisely how I would have described the evening...thanks for your in-depth, spot-on rendition :)

I had a great night, too! I will keep you posted on your invitation to Costas's Ottawa Pride Pre-Party!

Weasley

Thu Aug 17, 02:25:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HEY, What are you doing going out to gay bars without me!?!?!?
LOLA

Thu Aug 17, 07:51:00 p.m.  
Blogger Canada said...

Next time, Lola, next time!

Thu Aug 17, 08:22:00 p.m.  
Blogger crse said...

Wow how fun! I cant wait to hear details about the Ottawa pride pary!

Thu Aug 17, 11:41:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home