Just Jump In

Get your feet wet!

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Thursday Thirteen

Thirteen Things That Canada Will Accomplish
Once The Kids Go Back To School!

1. Organize the linen closet. Get rid of old towels and stuff. Put some stuff in the trunk in the basement. Buy some new towels and facecloths.
2. Paint the trim around the windows in Clara's room, the ensuite, and the window in the stairwell. The new windows were put in OVER a year ago, but last summer was too hot to paint, ditto this one, and no time with just 2.5 hrs of no kids/day during last school year (esp with work/the gym/etc)
3. Re-pot my houseplants. Particularly Harold, the only one with a name, who started out about 4 inces tall in university, and is now over 6 feet tall. And hasn't been replanted since I got married (over 12 years ago).
4. Organize closets - master walk-in, Clara's, Corwin's, hall closet. Get rid of stuff!
5. Kitchen cupboards - same thing. (damn, if I can't get some new cupboards, at least these can be tidy!)
6. Paint the French doors (pocket doors) from the master bedroom to the sitting room. All the trim in this house was a hideous pinky-beige, and I painted it crisp Architectural White. Except these two doors. Okay, and one baseboard in the family room, so I can add it to the list.
7. More painting - the two pillars in the living room. But first, I need to shellac over all the annoying knots that have bled through. Cheap-ass builders! (never, never buy a model home. Or former model home)
8. Do block-print trumpet vine and flowers, and dragonflies, in Clara's room. I managed to get Corwin's moose and evergreen trees border done last year, but I still have to get Clara's finished (fyi - she does have a chair rail put up, with a sunrise-effect colourwash on the top, with the chair rail and bottom part in a spring green (New Leaf)
9. Sand and paint the cabinet that I've been working on refinishing for years. This is the year.
10. Sand and paint kids' Muskoka chairs (also known as Adirondack or Laurentian chairs, depending on where you're from).
11. Organize photos that are kind of organized. Get negs into neg files, label, put photos into albums. Chronologically. Scrapbook. (yes, I'm extremely obsessive. Also known as anal)
12. Sand and paint the wrought iron chairs and table on the front porch. Find the right colour of off-white.
13. Sand and paint (crackle finish) two windows from the old cabin, one for each of my sisters-in-law, as housewarming gifts. Fit panes with mirrors.
14. Get a manicure and pedicure. 'Cause with all that painting, my nails are gonna look like crap!
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun!


4 Comments:

Blogger Jennfactor 10 said...

Thank you for your help on my O's, and I am in Awe of your organizational skills.

Thu Aug 17, 01:50:00 a.m.  
Blogger Canada said...

No, no, these projects have been waiting for months, or YEARS! So my organization is not nearly as organized as I'd like.

Thu Aug 17, 08:50:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! your 'to do' list sounds like mine. BUT, i think you forgot something-check out my site today!
:)LOLA

Thu Aug 17, 07:54:00 p.m.  
Blogger crse said...

Oh my. Im tired just thinking about all that! You need to come and be my life coach! My TT is up....

Fri Aug 18, 01:23:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home