Just Jump In

Get your feet wet!

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Bitch and Moan TT


Thirteen Things That Are Driving Canada Crazy


1. My house is a disaster. Really. I have to finish putting Hallowe'en stuff away. The kids' costumes are still in the living room. There are papers and school stuff all over the kitchen, in piles on the counters. I can't find anything because of this. And I have two overflowing baskets of laundry to be folded.
2. My children think I'm the maid. I do NOT find this funny. They are old enough to pick up after themselves (as in, put pajamas in the wash, throw kleenex in the garbage, put their books back on the shelves). Yet they expect me to do it.
3. I have not yet started making my Christmas cards. It's already November 2.
4. I have not made an appointment to get Christmas pictures of the kids done. It's already November 2.
5. I have not lost enough weight to get back into the black pants that I want to wear. I am going to the gym, I am doing personal training. Hmmm . . . maybe some more sleep would help? (less drinking? nah!!!)
6. I have not managed to get much of anything from my TT to-do list done.
7. My bulbs are not planted. There may be snow flurries today.
8. I need to take the kids for winter boots. And also to get Corwin a hat and mitts (his new snowsuit arrived from Land's End, and it is awesome, but the hat was too big, and he didn't really like the style anyway).
9. All the summer toys and gardening stuff need to be tidied out of the garage. And the new patio furniture chairs are too big to go up in the rafters, and don't stack, so they take up a lot of space. I will bring them in to the basement (after I get all the Hallowe'en stuff put away, see number 1), but until then, I can't park in the garage. Did I mention that snow is coming soon?
10. For the choir tour, there are 2 pieces that I saw for the first time last Thursday. Of course, one is wickedly difficult (well, for 2nd soprano, anyway). And there is a piece that I have yet to see. The concert is next Saturday. That's 9 days. I hope we get it tonight.
11. Every night, there is a fight with Corwin to do his Word Wall Word practice (5 vocabulary words to spell and write - like "the", "she", "her", "will", etc). What should take ten minutes turns into a half hour of whining. Telling him that the more he whines, the longer it takes, and the less time he has to play/colour/do other things seems to have no impact. I am completely losing my mind over this. I am clenching my jaw so much during the whining that I have tension headaches.
12. Hubby gets incredibly frustrated about the above. So do I, but I try to grit my teeth and not respond in kind/raise my voice, or else it gets worse. Somehow, Hubby just hasn't grasped this concept, no matter how gently I try to remind him. And then he and I end up pissed off at each other.
13. I have had two underwires break (different bras, but purchased at the same time). And one poke-through. In the past month/month and a half. Argh!!! (at least I was able to sew up the poke-through, and make one salvageable bra from the two good underwires, but still!)

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. crse



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things.



3 Comments:

Blogger Clementine said...

That sounds wicked frustrating. Good to get it off your chest, though!

Thu Nov 02, 01:18:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I. Hate. Underwires. I gotta tell you buddy, im tired just reading your list....

Thu Nov 02, 09:38:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

#'s 11 and 12 are so painfully familiar! We tried challenging Big O with a timer, and if he could beat his last time he got a cheesy reward. It worked for a while...

Sat Nov 04, 12:07:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home