Just Jump In

Get your feet wet!

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Loving the 90s

So tomorrow we're going dancing to celebrate Beck's birthday. That would be her 22nd birthday. God, I feel old. It's 90s night at the club we're going to, and we have choir practice beforehand, so my to do list to get ready was:
1. small purse
2. make sure jeans are clean
3. find shirt to go with jeans
4. vaguely style hair

Well, I just got an e-mail from my darling Weasley, letting me know that Olivier will be joining us. Somehow, I feel the need to add to my to do list:
5. pluck eyebrows
6. polish fingernails
7. buy new shirt
8. definitely style hair
9. dig out eyeshadow, figure out how to apply
10. actually put on earrings

Pathetic, I know. But oh so fun! Dancing and flirting, then going home alone to Hubby and the kids. Gives new meaning to the term "Desperate Houswife". :-)

6 Comments:

Blogger Clementine said...

Sounds like fun! I hope you'll have a nice night.

Wed Nov 01, 03:38:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh i hate it when stuff we still think is cool the kids find retro! Happy flirting...beats my flirting with the neighborhood pharmacist...

Wed Nov 01, 10:53:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find your #9 on that list incredibly endearing. :)

Wed Nov 01, 11:17:00 p.m.  
Blogger Canada said...

e, eyeshadow. I am an eyeliner and lip balm filled in with lip liner (kind of like a stained lip effect, nothing sticky) kind of girl. Mascara? Twice a year, max. My eyelashes look deranged if I curl them.

I have branched out into lip plumping gloss. But I can't use it on days when I will be playing the flute!

Thu Nov 02, 07:40:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know what to say, Canada.
I feel like I'm peeling away layers of the onion as I learn more and more about your personality!lol...don't know whether to laugh or cry, though ;)

You crack me UP!

Weasley

Thu Nov 02, 01:16:00 p.m.  
Blogger Canada said...

FYI:
Didn't do eyeshadow, brought earrings but forgot to wear them. Hair was vaguely styled (who was I kidding, it's all I can manage - I'm hair impaired!!). I did get a new shirt. And new high heeled boots. And painted my fingernails, but with basically clear polish that has a hint of pink (called "rose water"). Yeah, I looked pretty much like I always do!)

Mon Nov 06, 03:31:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home