Just Jump In

Get your feet wet!

Monday, November 06, 2006

Enough Already!

Yes, you will all be happy to know that I finally got my bulbs planted!!! (So I can just shut up about it already, right Weasley?) The big issue on the stalling (other than lack of time or it was pouring and freezing when I was available) was that I had both new bulbs to plant (no biggie) and old bulbs to replant. This summer, my mom was helping me rip out some of the violet jungle (by which I am seduced every spring, only to curse later when it takes over everything). My mom kept encountering bulbs, mostly tulips, and she gave up on trying to replant at the time. She put them all in a small bucket and put them in my fridge, and said I could just replant them in the fall. But they were all mixed up. As in, I had clumps of colours and types planted together (like my pink with green striped Greenland tulips, and my black Queen of the Night tulips, and my double peony Angelique tulips, etc). Yes, I am that anal and obsessive that I was stressing about replanting them and they would be all messed up. So I just planted them in the back garden, and hopefully it won't drive me too crazy come spring.

On the plus side, I also got a whole bunch of tedious stuff done today. Three of the four messy cupboards have been organized, and I am aiming to tidy the hall closet and bench soon, too. I feel very productive!!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Violet jungle"! I like the sound of that. :)

Congrats on the productivity, and the planting!

Mon Nov 06, 10:31:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always let my bulbs just fester. I suffer from cruelty to plants. Not intentionally. Its reckless disregard for plant life. Plantslaughter i believe would be the name of the crime

Mon Nov 06, 10:59:00 p.m.  
Blogger Canada said...

ahem . . . I'm also guilty of plantslaughter. I syill have a bag of divided irises from summer 2005 that never got planted. And were still alive this year. Maybe I should plant them on Thursday - it was kind of sad to see them bloom in a grocery bag in the window well!

Mon Nov 06, 11:27:00 p.m.  
Blogger Hashbrown said...

i have been putting in new bulbs this weekend including garlic, allium (the giant globe ones), small yellow allium, trout lillies, and spanish blue bells. I love flowers!

Tue Nov 07, 08:31:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home