Just Jump In

Get your feet wet!

Friday, November 03, 2006

Sick Day

Beck's birthday celebration at 90s night was a success. It turned out to be just the four of us - me, Beck, Weasley, and Olivier. She got carded. The rest of us did not (no surprise there). Weasley, who is 30, had a lot of fun pointing out just how old Olivier and I are. But it was Beck who really hit it home. Certain songs would come on and she'd say - "Oh, I love this song. It reminds me of grade 5 dances!". Yeah . . . I was in my first year of my Master's program!!! And Weasley was in high school. Yeesh.

I didn't realize quite how popular gangsta rap was in the 90s. While not something I would pick to listen to, most of it had a really good beat for dancing. Since it was a weeknight, we didn't plan on staying too late. We left around 12:30, at which point Weasley needed pizza. Weasley and Olivier each got a slice (Weasley's with major hot sauce), and I waited outside with Beck while she had a smoke. We almost went to the ESD (an all-night diner), but Olivier had to get up for work, I had to get up with the kids, and Weasley was leaving at 8:30 am for a shopping trip to Montreal so we decided to do that on a weekend. And we have to do 80s night soon. Same bar, but on Sunday nights (and apparently, gay men come to 80s night. But not 90s night - Weasley didn't find any!). God, I love the 80s!!!! I'm sure that Beck will be laughing at us, and pointing out that she wasn't even born when some of the songs came out!!!

It's a good thing that we didn't stay too late. Both Corwin and Clara are home sick today. Nothing too major (no fevers, no vomiting), but both are under the weather. Clara has a headache and a sore throat, and Corwin has a barky cough. I need to refill his Flovent inhaler prescription, which will help a lot (currently just have the Ventolin). So it's a quiet day here.

Oh, and we got a dusting of snow last night. Damn, I still haven't planted my bulbs!!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Clementine said...

SNOW?!?! That's crazy talk!

I'm sorry that the kiddos are under the weather. I hope it's a passing thing and that they'll be fine for the weekend. Good luck!

Fri Nov 03, 01:19:00 p.m.  
Blogger Canada said...

Thanks Clementine. Clara seems better - after Advil, her headache (which I think was sinus-y) cleared up, so she's doing a math game on the computer. And Corwin is chilling on the couch. He's feeling pretty crappy, but hopefully a day of rest will go a long way to him feeling better.

And the dusting of snow melted as soon as the sun shone, but I have a bad feeling it's going to be a lo-o-o-o-ong winter this year.

Fri Nov 03, 01:22:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Two Things
i want to come to 80's night
Saw employees at golf club planting bulbs using a drill....
lola

Sat Nov 04, 04:00:00 p.m.  
Blogger Canada said...

Damn right you should come to 80s night!! And I just planted my bulbs (lovin' the drill idea, though)

Mon Nov 06, 03:28:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home