Just Jump In

Get your feet wet!

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

The Wrong Side of the Bed

That's where Corwin woke up this morning for sure. I love my son, but that doesn't mean I don't feel like strangling him when he's cranky and demanding. This morning, he woke up at about 6:55, and started yelling for me in a grumpy voice. I went to see if he was cold (sometimes his covers slip off), or needing something. When I got there, he started demanding in a cranky/whiny tone "read me a chapter". And I said no. I told him that if he asked nicely, I might consider it, but the way he was acting would get him nothing. At that point he started his growly whining, and telling me he hated me, and that I was a bad mom. Heh heh - I guess I am, because I ignored it and went back to bed.

On the plus side, Clara was sunny and cheerful, all hugs and cuddles. It's nice that, for the most part when one is acting miserably, the other is at least pleasant. (like Clara being a wench last Friday, while Corwin was feeling yucky, but sweet). Hopefully, Corwin will be a happier guy later today, and we can read a few more chapters of C.S.Lewis' The Magician's Nephew. We've almost met Jadis, so it's getting good!

5 Comments:

Blogger Clementine said...

Poor you, and poor Corwin! I hope his mood improves.

Wed Nov 08, 01:25:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my god its like living with multiple personalities! Why is it that they never sleep at the same time are cheerful together (well thats not true, they are) or get sick at the same time? Its like the fates want you to appreciate the multiple child experience AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!

Wed Nov 08, 08:18:00 p.m.  
Blogger Canada said...

Yes, his mood has improved (drastically!). Hope tomorrow morning I still get to say that.

And crse, all I have to say is "and people wonder why I drink!!!"

Wed Nov 08, 09:07:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We don't wonder, we know you are crazy.

Thu Nov 09, 12:40:00 a.m.  
Blogger Canada said...

Hmmm, Beck, do you think the craziness started back when I co-ran a certain youth group? :)

Thu Nov 09, 09:55:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home