Just Jump In

Get your feet wet!

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

I Was Tagged By Gill-Smoke

And I feel very honoured. In case you don't know, Gill-Smoke is crse's husband. I wasn't tagged by crse because I was "on vacation". Seems to me she knows how I really view my time at conferences (hello blogger meetups! What do you mean there's no shopping?!?!?! Where's the bar?). Now to the meme.

I'm supposed to reveal 5 things about myself that I haven't written about on my blog, and then tag five people. We'll see how the tagging goes - and remember, there's never any pressure!
  1. I don't remember if I've ever blogged about this before, but I have a pierced navel. I was feeling thin in Feb 2004, so I did it impulsively one night. Nancycle and I had dinner, and then she came with me. Hubby had no idea I was even thinking about it, until I flashed him the next night (before I went out - I know, I get out a lot!). It was funny to see the look on his face, especially because I could tell he was trying to figure out if it was a clip-on. But it's a barbell so . . . no. He was okay with it, kept asking how my "mid-life crisis" was healing.
  2. So the aria from Handel's Messiah that I performed in December? There was a recording made. A video recording. Each of AVT's vocal students got a DVD with their own performance, and the performance of all of us singing the Hallelujah chorus at the end. I've had this DVD since early Feb. I still can't bring myself to watch it.
  3. Again, I don't know if I blogged about this but when I was pregnant, I was very worried that I wasn't going to love the kids as much as Jasmine. She's my first baby. I don't love the dog more than the kids, but I don't love the kids more than the dog, either. They're all my babies (though not so small anymore).
  4. I have dated a strangely high number of left-handed men. Hubby is left-handed, too.
  5. I don't get a flu shot in hopes that I will get the flu. Because as miserable as the first day would be with the fever, the aches and the chills, the idea of having to stay in bed in my pyjamas while taking the mildly-hallucinogenic Nyquil, sleeping, and reading books for two more days while someone else (Hubby) has to take care of the kids is extremely appealing. I have even told my doctor my reasoning in flu shot refusal. He just laughed. I still haven't gotten sick - it's been six winters and . . . nothin'!!

There you have it. Five things I have not revealed on my blog (or if I have, I can't remember doing so. Actually, if I have and you can send me to my archives to the post, I will reveal something else.) Now to tag five people. Muse, Sidonia, Nancycle, Lola, and Beck. No pressure, of course.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think #3 is incredibly endearing. :)

Wed Apr 04, 01:02:00 a.m.  
Blogger muse said...

Yay! An excuse to blog! Thank you! :-) I'll post tonight!

Wed Apr 04, 08:06:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just watch the damned video already, it won't be as bad as you think.

And you are now on my blogroll, I expect opinion.

Wed Apr 04, 09:06:00 a.m.  
Blogger Clementine said...

Sometimes I hope for pink eye. Is that wrong?

Wed Apr 04, 02:44:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home