Just Jump In

Get your feet wet!

Saturday, September 08, 2007

Weekend Update

So we survived the first week of school. Clara is very happy with her teacher, Mrs J, who is new to the school. She is in class with some of the friends she likes to play with, and also meets up with her best friend at lunch recess. Her funniest moment of the week: "Our class is in a whole other hall this year. I got lost when I went to the bathroom, and I turned the wrong way coming back and I walked into a grade three class. Mom, it was so embarrassing!". This was on Tuesday, and on Wednesday she was happy to report that she didn't get lost at all.

Corwin also likes his teacher, the very pretty Ms S. Although he is disappointed that he isn't in the 2/3 split class "because they're in the portable! That would be so cool!!!" (ummm, yeah - for the first five minutes. But it's hot in there when it's hot out, damp when it's rainy, and really sucks in a big way when you have to go to the bathroom/gym/library when it's raining/snowing/cold). Biggest bonus: a direct quote from the very first day "Mom, we did math and it was so easy!" He is still a bit sad that Connor isn't in his class, and that Campbell moved (a ten minute drive away, but he now goes to a different school), but overall it was a great first week for him, too.

Thursday marked the return to choir. My bathroom reno went over very well (I don't even remember if I blogged about it, but I stripped wallpaper, washed with TSP, plastered, sanded, and painted three coats of Racy Red in the women's choir loo. Also a new sink/vanity, new mirror, new toilet, and new light fixture - I'll post a picture). We are going to be singing some pretty challenging stuff, and doing two Christmas concerts this year. I still hate being a second soprano (I really don't like singing harmony), but maybe one day . . . .

3 Comments:

Blogger Lola said...

WHAT?!?!? a portable at St Anne?

Sun Sep 09, 06:17:00 p.m.  
Blogger Canada said...

It's been there for years, I think since jk. (one, there's only one)

Sun Sep 09, 10:35:00 p.m.  
Blogger Firefly1234 said...

How can you not like singing harmony? That's practically the only reason I like to sing!!

Tue Sep 11, 11:11:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home