Just Jump In

Get your feet wet!

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

The Countdown Is On!

Not for Christmas, the countdown until my house is mine again. Yes, my parents are living here. Yes, I love them. And yes, I feel like a total bitch saying this but . . . they are driving me crazy!!!!Here is a tiny list of stuff that is seriously getting on my nerves.

* I appreciate the fact that my mother is trying to be helpful and organized and make stuff. I understand that she wanted to get the salmon pie for Christmas Eve made and frozen. But really, is it too much to ask for her to get out of my way in the kitchen for 20 minutes in the morning while I get the kids' breakfasts made and lunches ready for school?

* My dining room table? Is now the sewing table. It's wonderful that she's making stuff for the kids for Christmas (housecoats, pajamas, etc). I just really would like to see an uncluttered dining room again.

* Holly, their sheepdog. She's adorable and snuggly and a big spaz. But it's annoying that I can't get into the closet, the powder room, or the garage when Holly is confined in the hall because she's all wet from the snow/slush/rain after her walks.

* It was lovely that my mom was helpful when I threw in laundry and headed to work. She put it in the dryer for me. But it's the dryer, that's what it's for. Instead, she puts stuff in the dryer to get it partly dry, and then I have freaking laundry hanging on racks to dry the rest of the way. It's the kids jeans, cords and t-shirts! Oh, did I mention that I don't have a laundry room? That we have a laundry closet on the second story? So the laundry racks? In my bedroom and sitting room/office.

* Having the extra leaf in the kitchen table makes the kitchen tight and cluttered.

* And my biggest stress? I don't know how on earth I'm going to decorate for Christmas!!!! There is so much stuff in the storage room that I can't easily get to the decorations, and once I do get the boxes out, I have no idea where I'm going to put them to unpack and decorate. I refer you to this. This is the guest room. But obviously, my system is not going to work this year!!!

There are many bonuses. It's awesome that they are here and I get to spend time with them. Corwin and Clara are thriilled. I've gotten treated to lunch and dinner out, plus my mom is an amazing cook. And my house? Really clean (cluttered, but clean). It's just that FIVE weeks is a long time in November/December.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Five weeks is a super long time for parents. Sorry they're driving you crazy! I hope the good (mostly) outweighs the annoyances. And as always, feel free to email/facebook/call me and vent. :)

Tue Nov 27, 08:11:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just think of the karma points you're getting!

Tue Nov 27, 11:54:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can relate. We had family staying with us for supposedly 4 weeks which turned into 8 while they were building their house. Not just family but a father in law (who is not even realted to me) Patience my dear. . they will leave soon!! (I know, not soon enough!)

Harmony

Mon Dec 03, 10:55:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home