Just Jump In

Get your feet wet!

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Gobble Gobble Gobble

It's Canadian Thanksgiving this weekend. And here's an interesting conundrum - how do you feed turkey to twelve when your oven dies after doing self clean on Wednesday?

Thank God for good friends and neighbours like V!!!!!! I will be roasting in her oven tomorrow while she is enduring her in-laws. And I will be keeping other things (such as dressing, green bean casserole and anything else that needs a low oven) warm on the barbeque. The cooktop is fine, so I made the cranberries yesterday, and the potatoes will be a snap.

The new oven will be delivered and installed on Monday October 20. It's basically the latest model of what we have, not my dream oven/microwave convection/warming drawer combo. Oh well.

4 Comments:

Blogger Shelli said...

I WANT TURKEY!!!! Yum Yum

: )

Sun Oct 12, 11:46:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Yum, green bean casserole...

Sun Oct 12, 08:24:00 p.m.  
Blogger Lucy said...

Now I'm hungry!

Sun Oct 12, 09:19:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You sound amazingly upbeat!

Tue Oct 14, 10:38:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home