Just Jump In

Get your feet wet!

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Out of the Mouths of Babes

Since nothing really exciting is happening around here, and a friend of mine told me that she has recounted this little snippet to many people who find it entertaining (She prefaced this by saying "Don't worry, I just said a friend of mine has this son - so they won't know it's you"), I thought I'd give you a laugh. It's actually quite hilarious, and since I'm quasi-anonymous here . . .why not?

When Corwin and Clara were almost three, they started going to a co-op nursery school two mornings a week. One morning, Corwin didn't feel great. He wasn't sick, but was tired and a bit stuffy, like he was starting to fight off a cold. When asked if he wanted to stay home and rest, he said yes. So, we got Clara ready and took her to nursery school ("I love you Corwin, but I have to go to school" - said in a very grown up voice. I hope she keeps this school ethic for a looooooong time). When we got back home, I asked Corwin if he would like to have a bath in Mummy's tub (the roman tub - no jets, just big), and of course he said yes. I filled up the bath with very warm water, and added a few drops of the Johnson&Johnson Aroma Bath for Babies (it's great for colds - has eucalyptus and rosemary, and I even like it for my baths). When the bath was ready, Corwin wanted me to get in, too. So, we both got undressed and soaked in the tub, splashing a bit, playing with the bubbles. After about 20 minutes, I decided that it was time to get out. I got out first, and pulled the plug, figuring he could play with the remaining bubbles while I got dried and threw on a robe. While I was toweling off, Corwin said something to me. I didn't think I'd heard correctly, so I said "Pardon?". When he repeated it, I knew I'd heard correctly.
"I like your fur, Mom".
What do you say to that?
"Thank you".
And you also make a mental note to call for a bikini wax!!!!

8 Comments:

Blogger Clementine said...

This weekend, ask Hashbrown to recount our recent fur discussion. NOT A CHOICE!

Tue Mar 28, 12:37:00 p.m.  
Blogger Clementine said...

Also, bikini waxing: let's discuss. Is it terribly painful? Is it humiliating? Does it grow in itchy? I can't be bothered to shave my legs, so this world of waxing is all new to me.

Tue Mar 28, 02:46:00 p.m.  
Blogger Canada said...

one word, baby - brazilian! more discussion in CT

Tue Mar 28, 05:01:00 p.m.  
Blogger Clementine said...

OKay, so I know about Brazilians from my in-depth study of Cosmo, but Oh. My. God. they sound painful! We'll definitely have to discuss in greater detail in person.

Tue Mar 28, 06:14:00 p.m.  
Blogger Psycho Kitty said...

Ack!
And not to butt in, but, ladies? Maybe it's just me, but I swear that the Brazilian I got hurt worse than labor. And there was bleeding. I think I'll just keep my fur and a good razor.

Wed Mar 29, 10:52:00 a.m.  
Blogger Canada said...

oohhh, bleeding. That sounds bad. Like some esthetician didn't know what they were doing!

Wed Mar 29, 01:53:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just have one thing to say about this 'topic'
OUCH! nada, nope, not even for vegas!!!!

Wed Mar 29, 07:34:00 p.m.  
Blogger Hashbrown said...

I am going to Vegas Monday. And I will not have a Brazillian, waxing, or any of that stuff.

Thu Mar 30, 05:01:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home