Just Jump In

Get your feet wet!

Monday, March 27, 2006

Three More Sleeps!!

You know you're a mom when . . . your countdown to a big event is marked in "sleeps". I just can't wait to get on that plane to Hartford (via Washington, DC - there is NOTHING direct to anywhere I go!). And G will pick me up at the airport (6:26 pm), and we will cruise on over to Meriden (not far, apparently - maybe 30 minutes drive), and check in, and then it's off to dinner and drinks. Lots and lots of drinks (well, not too many Thursday night, as we have a five hour course to attend Friday morning, but I'm sure we can have a few). So far, no takers on my suggestion to drive to a (sort of) nearby town to go to the Melting Pot for dinner. I loved that place when I lived in Miami. And I got to have dinner at the one in Minneapolis when we had the National conference there a few years ago. Oh well. . . at least I can indulge in another favourite. There's a Ruby Tuesday in Meriden - salad bar, here I come!!!!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ugh, Ruby Tuesday? Blech.

Mon Mar 27, 08:27:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

O Canada, I understand your delight at revisiting restaurant chains! When I found out there's a Tim Horton in Portland, I nearly cried.

Mon Mar 27, 08:52:00 p.m.  
Blogger Hashbrown said...

It is true, she nearly did.

Mon Mar 27, 09:33:00 p.m.  
Blogger Canada said...

I must say I'm disappointed. Apparently, Ruby Tuesday is gross. The one at Dadeland Mall in Miami had the best salad bar. I don't recall ever ordering anything (non-alcoholic) off the menu, just having salad bar for lunches. Bummer.

Mon Mar 27, 10:38:00 p.m.  
Blogger Clementine said...

Hashbrown likes their salad bar, too, but she bemoans their lack of decent veg entrees.

Tue Mar 28, 12:37:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home