Just Jump In

Get your feet wet!

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

We Interrupt This Program. . .

Okay, I admit it, I am slightly (very) addicted to a couple of tv shows. I enjoy the craziness of Desperate Housewives (Lynnette is my fave, not just because her character has twins. . . well, that was a big part, but I digress). I also watch American Idol when I'm home on Tuesdays. I don't tape it, or rearrange my schedule for it. I enjoy watching all these people do something that I would love to try, but am just WAY too chicken - singing in front of people. Solo. As in, not blending into (hiding behind) a choir. (And I think Simon is hot. It's the accent. Mostly). My biggest addiction is Grey's Anatomy. I DO NOT miss it. If I must, I tape. Hooked, all the way. And I think that there's only one episode this season in which I did not cry. (let's not get started on my sappiness - the husband laughed at me last week because an A&W commercial got me choked up. A&W, who sell hamburgers. And no, I'm not pregnant or recently postpartum). However, that's a whole other post!

The fourth show that I watch is also on Tuesdays, following American Idol. I'm not obsessive, and never have been regarding this show, but I do enjoy The Amazing Race if I'm home to watch it (not the family edition - no one enjoyed that). And every season I've had one or two couples/partners that I've been cheering for. Last year, I was so happy when Joyce and Uchenna won. Right now, I like the Hippies (BJ & Tyler), but I totally want Dave and Lori to win. They are so sweet together, and with each other. They are cute, though not glamourous, and they are intelligent. They are respectful toward each other as well as the other players. I also like that they are enjoying the traveling, and experiencing the different cultures (unlike some, who seemed perturbed by the fact that Russia was cold, there is major traffic in many cities, and that not everyone speaks English. Duh!).

However, there is usually one couple who stands out as the most annoying, obnoxious, and toxic combination of people traveling around the globe. How many nations can one couple insult and offend in one season? Who could forget Jonathan and Victoria? You know it's bad when Dr Phil has a prime time special to discuss the negative dynamic in your relationship!!! Ugh, they were hideous, but compelling, sort of like a car wreck that everyone slows down to see. I was SO relieved that they didn't win. Ditto Rob and Amber. Just too cocky, and downright rude to other players('nuff said). Right now, I can't stand Lake and Michelle. They seem to be heading down the Jonathan and Victoria road, with a little less verbal abuse of each other. But it's still early in the game. So. . . go Dave and Lori. And next time, use your Yield!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home