Just Jump In

Get your feet wet!

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Blast From the Past

A while back, I did a little meme about firsts. First car, first grade teacher, first kiss. All very cool. Until I named my first kiss, and he found me!!! But he didn't say it was him, and didn't out me. He just said enough that I knew he knew it was someone in our grade 6 class (18 people in that class, huge for the private school we went to ). I freaked out, added the no anonymous posts, the validation letters, and moved on. About a week later, I removed all my paranoid security measures, and it's all been fine.

So . . . on Facebook (yes, that's still where I've been, plus the end of school/work for the summer, and a whole lotta decorating work), I looked him up. And sent him a message saying "are you the Mr X who went to private school?". To which he replied "Yep. I stumbled onto your blog a few months ago, and saw my name in the "first kiss" section. I gave it some thought and figured out it was you.I sent an email to you, but I think you ignored it.How are you, hope all is good." Honestly, I don't recall any e-mail. Unless he sent it anonymously, which would have freaked me out even more (and Weasley is laughing his ass off right now, saying "yep, high strung").


Life is funny. And I feel totally like a nerd at the moment. Well, more than usual. So, I put in a friend request. I wonder if he'll add me?

7 Comments:

Blogger Lola said...

myface spacebook etc...:) All addictive and like a drug which is why i stay away from them. Guess i'm afraid of what the 'cat' might drag in AND given the industry my hubby works in, don't want anyone 'becoming me' overnight (who would want to i don't know but it is a strange world we live in) unless they win the lottery and NOT if they try to get a credit card in my name....oy
LOla

Wed Jun 20, 09:21:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love nerdy internet stories! :)

Wed Jun 20, 10:39:00 p.m.  
Blogger Lone Grey Squirrel said...

I think its sweet.

Thu Jun 21, 01:29:00 p.m.  
Blogger Canada said...

Well, we're added to each other's friend list. And have messaged to catch up a bit - 23 years is a long time!!!

Must admit, I think it's kinda funny that he figured out it was me, and told him so. I was NOT the only girl he kissed that year, lol!!

Thu Jun 21, 08:30:00 p.m.  
Blogger Arbitrista said...

That's pretty cool!

Fri Jun 22, 04:04:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You must keep us updated on this story!

Sun Jun 24, 10:25:00 p.m.  
Blogger crse said...

I agree. Details woman!

Mon Jun 25, 06:56:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home