Just Jump In

Get your feet wet!

Thursday, July 05, 2007

The Catch Up Edition

Okay, let's play catch up, because Canada is a very bad blogger. We'll do it in bullet format, to keep me from rambling too much.
  • I survived my recital. The Faure Pie Jesu went very well. I wasn't as pleased with the Italian Il Mio Bel Foco, but apparently it didn't suck as badly as I thought. AVT said that the recitative wasn't really on, but the aria was excellent. Whatever - I hope she learned her lesson in trying to get me to sing passionately and dramatically!!! The most interesting part was the reaction of my father (both my parents came, as well as Senate Woman and her hubby, and Daisy. Also, Gordon and Gaston, but they left at intermission, so didn't hear the Italian - phew!). Anyway, my Dad's comments were "I didn't know you could sing like that! If I was outside of the room and heard without seeing you, I wouldn't have believed it was you." Um, thanks Dad? I think that's a compliment, but I'm not sure!!
  • My parents' house sold. They heard that an offer was forthcoming on the day of my recital, they found out the details after I sang, they told the agent that they would accept during drinks out after the recital, and they signed the faxed paperwork at the local real estate office the next day. It is conditional for financing until July 12 - and then the people want it on July 31st!!! Talk about a scramble. The financing is only such a long window because the people are moving from England, and their house closed there today (July 5), and they need a bit of time to get the money organized and out of the country. Fingers crossed that it all goes smoothly. Otherwise my mother will end up in a padded room!
  • School is done. The kids are here. My sanity? Is fleeting!!! Overall, things are good, but there have been moments!!!!
  • Tonight, I'm going to see Daughtry and Nickelback with CF and SweetEscape. It's at an outdoor stadium. There is a forecast of rain and possible thunderstorms. How soaked do you think we'll be?
  • Next week, I'm off to 2 outdoor concerts at Bluesfest. Thursday is Blue Rodeo, and Friday is INXS. After which I will be going to a midnight show of Harry Potter. Because I am that obsessed!!!
  • Still highly addicted to Facebook. Have really reconnected with the Fraggle. We have been messaging daily, and have talked on the phone a few times. It's nice, I've missed him.
  • Gerhard is on Facebook, too. We've commenced a slapfest. People have commented. I think it's funny.

That's about it. If anything exciting happens, I will be sure to keep everyone updated. And Happy Belated Independance Day to my friends and neighbours to the south.

1 Comments:

Blogger crse said...

A slapfest? Nice!!!

Thu Jul 05, 05:10:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home