Just Jump In

Get your feet wet!

Monday, June 25, 2007

Latin vs Italian

Otherwise known as "Which of my recital pieces scares me the most?!"

Tonight. Yes, it's another performance anxiety post, so feel free to yawn and move on. I was all confident. I even wore a power BPAL scent to my rehearsal yesterday. At which I did giggle quite a bit, because AVT kept making me laugh. It was a bit stressful, though, because I'm used to her accompanying me at lessons, but I'm not so used to the accompanist for the recital. He's really good, it's just a matter of getting comfortable with the performance space, the different sound of this piano, and his style.

So . . . I much prefer the Latin. It's the Pie Jesu from Faure's Requiem. I find it quite easy to sing, and I'll be holding my score (otherwise known as my security blanket!). However, my second piece is a whole other ball of wax. It's Il Mio Bel Foco, this passionate Italian art song. And it's SO.NOT.ME!!!! Yes, I am a very passionate person in the way I live life, but I am kind of restrained when I perform. I don't like to be the center of attention (stop laughing, it's true!!!), and I'm really not comfortable with being this dramatic. Overall, this song is making me crazy!!!! AVT thinks it's funny that I find it far easier to sing On Mighty Pens from Haydn's Creation - according to her, it's much more dificult. At any rate, that's what I'll be singing at next year's recital (providing I don't die of stage fright tonight!!!).

Oh, and did I mention that I actually have people coming to see me tonight? Yes, to add to the stress, my dad is coming, as are Senate Woman and her husband. Also, Gordon (my choir director) and Gaston are coming. I didn't invite them, but they apparently go every year. Great, nothing like a little added pressure. Hubby, of course, is not going. What else is new?

4 Comments:

Blogger SweetEscape said...

Senate Woman loved it so I heard.

haha..the dramatics are saved for facebook, right?

Tue Jun 26, 01:28:00 a.m.  
Blogger Canada said...

How did you know?

Tue Jun 26, 10:16:00 a.m.  
Blogger Margaret said...

Hey Canada,

I need your email address for a very special super secret reason :) Can you send it to me please? (Mine is cyborgal_33@yahoo.com)

Tue Jun 26, 02:32:00 p.m.  
Blogger SweetEscape said...

ohh just a lucky guess!

Tue Jun 26, 11:40:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home