Just Jump In

Get your feet wet!

Thursday, March 30, 2006

I'm Outta Here!

Okay, only for 3 days and nights, but still, those will be child-free (and husband-free) days and nights. Yes, I know I have two 5-hour courses to attend, but that leaves plenty of time for shopping, dancing, and a few cocktails (and some sleep, though less than I'd like - damn that daylight savings time!).

Had a horrible dream last night that I was at choir practice and was supposed to leave early, but forgot and missed my flight. I will be missing choir practice tonight, and an extra rehearsal on Saturday (we have 3 coming up), as well as Sunday morning at church. I do feel a little sad about it - I guess the came through in my dream. However, it was a rotten feeling to wake up with, that panicked "oh f*!#, I missed my plane", wildly looking around for the clock. The irony - I actually got to sleep in a bit. My husband, who had already planned to take Friday off, stayed home today as well. That was less planned, but yesterday, Corwin didn't go to school because he was throwing up. (Five times - he's telling anybody who will listen, it was five times!). Anyway, just in case he wasn't recovered (and he has recovered!), hubby decided it was easier and a better idea. Works for me! The kids are thrilled. They went and got the car washed, got new bike helmets, and are out riding even as I write this (they are in afternoon kindergarten).

Well, must go shower. Have to look presentable for the Customs officers (not too dressy, not too grubby, not too much coffee (caffeine may make me look twitchy, and I really don't feel like a strip search today!). Will update upon my return - and I may even learn how to do the link thing! Then I can put the cute little "Bloggers I Know", "Bloggers I Read" column over there on the left, like all the other, more tech-savvy people! Keep your fingers crossed!

Also, keep them crossed that my bag arrive WITH me, not the day AFTER me!!!!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Hashbrown said...

see ya soon

Thu Mar 30, 12:00:00 p.m.  
Blogger muse said...

LOL Nothing like a strip search to start off a getaway! ;)

Wishing you a pleasant customs experience, a safe arrival for your luggage, and plenty of cocktails and dancing! (oh, yeah, and nice courses and such... lol)

Thu Mar 30, 01:17:00 p.m.  
Blogger muse said...

BTW, for adding links, an easy way is with www.blogrolling.com (it's not possible to create categories like Friends or Interesting links or whatever, but you can add a * or something in front of the blog names to differentiate them)

Thu Mar 30, 10:30:00 p.m.  
Blogger nancycle said...

OK, first off, I hope your bags were there to greet you. As for daylight savings, I like to look at is as extra hour to shop rather than an hour of lost sleep ;-)

I gave your hubby a call yesterday to see how he was making out. I didn't hear back from him, so I'll assume the children have overtaken him.

I expect that you're treating yourself well and will be anxious to hear about the dining, entertainment and courses upon your return.

Let's hope that strip searches weren't necessary and that you didn't taunt them with stories of band camp ~ lol!

See you soon. Love ya.

Sat Apr 01, 11:26:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home