Just Jump In

Get your feet wet!

Monday, April 03, 2006

Home. . . Is Where the Laundry Is

Yep, I'm home! WITH my luggage, which traveled with me for the entire trip - what a concept. And now I have my mountain of laundry. And the kids mini-mountain. And some from Hubby, not to mention that I've gotta change the beds. That's what it all boils down to - you go away, and there's gonna be laundry!

I figure that it will be easier to write several posts regarding my escape to CT. Overall, it was a good conference and the hotel was nice (clean, pleasant staff, decent sized rooms). However, if you've never been to Meriden, CT (or even heard of it), there's a good reason for that. It's not exactly a destination location. As in: there is NOTHING there (no offense to the good people of Meriden). The hotel is literally in the middle of some technical park. I swear the conference planners do this to make you attend sessions and not go shopping. Ha - like that would stop me! Actually, I'm sad to say that I never did get close to Williams-Sonoma, Pottery Barn or Restoration Hardware for my semi-annual daydream-a-thon, where I walk around the stores and just touch things, and get inspired by decorating ideas. I usually buy something small at W-S, like Herbes de Provence, or Mulling Spices (or Counter Spray, it's SO awesome, but most people don't understand the ecstasy inspired by cleaning products, so I tend not to rave about that too much). I know, I know, we have all three stores in Toronto, and when we visit my parents I sometimes get to go, but it's not the same, and there's no guarantee that I'll even have time. I did, however, manage to stock up on Bath & Bodyworks stuff. I even added a new scent to the collection - Black Raspberry Vanilla. And replenished my Coconut Lime Verbena products, so I'm happy. (and smellin' good!)

So, since there wasn't much in the To Do department, Peaches/AJWP and I went to New York. Actually, I should say that Peaches was heading to New York and allowed me to tag along, since I've never been. She drove. We parked in Brooklyn. Their daffodils and flowering trees were in bloom. More to come!

3 Comments:

Blogger nancycle said...

WELCOME BACK! *I yell from the top of my mountain of laundry wondering how it appeared - I didn't go anywhere...*

Ohhh-ho-ho...Not fairrrr..wah haha. You went to New York. OK, whatever. When we're in TO (BTW when DO we leave for TO??) I want to get some of that smell so good. I love the Mulling Spices.

Anything would be better than PARFUME de FART.

Love living with a boy :-)

Details! Details!! Post damn you POST!!!

Mon Apr 03, 07:30:00 p.m.  
Blogger Canada said...

Excu-u-u-u-se me, Ms I-went-to-Paris! Will post, I promise. Must fold. And wash. And Downy. More soon.
xo

Mon Apr 03, 08:57:00 p.m.  
Blogger muse said...

Ooooh verbena-smelling stuff! Lovely!

Glad to read that you had a great time! :)

Mon Apr 03, 11:36:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home